Problems of environmental protection and traditional land use:
- Lack of legal framework for economic activity and traditional land use.
- Lack of legal identification of indigenous persons who have legal rights to traditional land use and economy.
- Lack of protection from industrial activities of logging companies.
- Failure to comply with the Federal Law dated 7.05.2001 No. 49- FZ.
- Registration of hunting grounds in favor of commercial companies.
- Infringement of property rights of the aboriginal communities.
- Limitation and regulation of traditional use as a method to legitimize poaching.
- Legislative initiatives as a method for restriction of indigenous rights.
- Imposing impossible obligations to the aboriginal communities.